A friend has agreed to look after your house and pet while you are on holiday. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
- give contact details for when you are away
- give instructions on how to care for your pet
- describe other household duties
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I hope you are keeping well and I cannot thank you enough for agreeing to take care of my cat during my absence. If it weren’t for your help, I would have to cancel my vacation plans.
I am sending a set of spare keys along with this letter. You can enter the house from the back door. Under the staircase, you can find the cat’s bed which you might have to make every day as she plays a lot with it. She needs to be fed twice a day and I have kept her food in the drawer next to the oven in the kitchen. Just walk straight from the staircase, you will find plants on the right-hand side. Usually, I water them twice a week. Please don’t forget to unfold the living room curtains during daytime as the plants need sunlight.
Please feel comfortable at my place and I have put some snacks for you in the Kitchen. As you know, you can reach me anytime on my mobile or hotel extension number. I will be staying in ‘Saint Robert’ hotel in Amsterdam.
See you soon!
- Band 8 Letter Sample To A Friend Who Has Agreed To Look After Your House
- A Friend Has Agreed To Look After Your House | Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
- A Friend Has Agreed To Look After Your Home And Pet | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to friend
- IELTS letter sample | Letter to a friend
- You Went To A Theatre With A Friend. Your Friend Had An Accident | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS Band 8 Letter Sample: Letter to a friend thanking him for a favour
- IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home
- Write A Letter To A Friend Explaining Why You Have Moved | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Letter To An English Speaking Friend