People should lift their heads from their computer and phone screens and start living life. To what extent do you agree with this statement? What can be done to encourage especially younger people to leave technology behind? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
The pervasiveness of technology is so evident in our daily life that nowadays we see people always busy on their computers and cell phones. They are secluding themselves from the rest of the world. They should realize that the world is full of beautiful things that need to be experienced and I strongly believe that this could only be possible once they leave their devices behind.
Nowadays / Today the youth is spending much of their day chatting and playing on cell phones. Nowadays, tons of websites and applications are there to lure the younger generation with the objective of increasing their viewership. As a result, children not only lead a sedentary lifestyle but also miss the essential reality touch with the world. For example, applications like Youtube and Instagram hook children by keeping their attention static at the screens that they lose the actual track of time.
People cannot see the world just by sitting in the comforts of their home. There are lots of mesmerising places on Earth that could only be experienced through a visit / by paying a visit. Parents and teachers should encourage young ones by paying their undivided attention to ensure that kids do not spend extensive time on their gadgets. Playing a sport or taking kids to a local park to experience nature’s beauty can be helpful.
To conclude, I completely agree with the view / opinion/argument that spending a lot of time on modern gadgets is encouraging the sedentary lifestyle which is diverting people’s attention from reality. However, if parents and teachers put some effort to teach kids about beauty (write: the beauty) of life and nature, this problem can be dealt with.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Are mobile phones a necessity for young children?
- Band 7.5 essay about mobile phones and young children
- There Are Social, Medical And Technical Problems Associated With The Use Of Mobile Phones | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- What Are The Negative Impacts Of Playing Computer Games On Children | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say Parents Have The Most Significant Influence In A Child’s Development
- IELTS Essay: Has technology made us more efficient?
- In Order To Improve The Education System, Young Students Should Be Openly Allowed To Criticize Their Teachers | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Computer And Online Gaming Should Be Banned At School | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Are Fond Of Buying New Gadgets | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Important For Children To Learn The Difference Between Right And Wrong | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample